You're here: Home » Hair Care » Post Baby Hair Loss

Post Baby Hair Loss

Nearly 50% of mothers experience hair loss after child birth. So don’t think that you’re alone facing this problem.

Generally 85% of scalp hair is actively growing and 15% is resting. Post child birth the 15% rises to 70% meaning only 30% is actively growing and the rest 70% of the hair follicles get into resting phase, so consequently hair gets thinner.

Related Read:
What’s Your Scalp Type?
Treating Dandruff

hair fall

Hair Fall

Due to the life cycle of the hair follicle, hair loss may not seem obvious until several months after the event that triggered it, but, rest assured it is temporary and should stop within three to six months. If you feel that you’re losing hair then consult your doctor and check thyroid, iron and vitamin B12 levels in your body, as they also lead to hair loss.

No comments yet... Be the first to leave a reply!

Leave a Reply