This process is artificially dilation of the cervix is conducted by the fingers or by hydrostatic bags in the first stage is an operation, which has nowadays been almost replaced by caesarean section better and a safer operation.
Under general anesthesia the cervix is exposed by adequate vaginal retraction. With the scissors the cervix is cut at points in clockwise direction. The cut extends to the junction of the cervix and the vaginal wall. Following delivery by the forceps the cut is carefully sutured. The final results of the healing are usually unsatisfactory and lead to reverse hemorrhage sometimes. Incision of the cervix is now very uncommon operation. Attempt to dilate the cervix by the fingers is always almost followed by cervical lacerations and the operation of the incision of the cervix is always to be preferred.
This operation has been almost supplemented by abdominal hysterectomy.
- Position 1 – Transverse incisions in anterior vaginal wall.
- Position 2 – Dissecting bladder from uterus and vagina.
- Position 3 – Bladder and vaginal wall drawn up.
- Position 4 – Bulging down the membranes.
- Position 5 – Suturing anterior incision.