8 Questions for Doctor about Menopause
If you are in the menopausal age, there are some things you need to have in mind as you choose a doctor. You want the most experienced and professional doctor. Here are some of the questions you need to ask your doctor before making a decision.
Ask Your Doctor…
- How many menopausal women have you treated? If they are a substantial number; how many among them are in my particular age group?
- I am perimenopausal or postmenopausal; are you able to treat me? Are you comfortable in treating a woman of my age? If not, can you refer me to a professional who can?
- Do you have your ear to the ground, thus making you aware of the many treatment options for women in my condition?
- Are alternative therapies helpful for me? Can they help me deal with my condition?
- My health is dwindling; is it because of menopause or something else?
- How long will I be perimenopausal?
- I no longer have the appetite for sex; does this mean that it is gone forever?
- I’m thinking of trying hormone therapy to deal with menopause; is it safe for me? What are the effects of this treatment? Will they affect my health?