Treatment for Varicose Veins
Varicose veins look like a snake–like appearance. The valves in the varicose veins are incompetent to prevent backflow of blood resulting in stagnation, followed by swelling and pain in the legs, around the ankles and the calves, when the person suffering from varicose veins has been standing for a long time usually lead to reduced blood supply to the muscles.
- Check your weight as extra weight increases pressure on your venous circulation.
- Blood sugar should be kept within prescribed limits.
- Avoid prolonged standing.
- Wear comfortable padded low-heel shoes.
- Wear varicose vein stockings available at a chemist or surgical store.