Jojoba oil is found within the seeds of the jojoba plant. The jojoba plant is naturally abundant in Northwestern Mexico, as well as Southern California and Arizona. An interesting fact about jojoba oil is that the substance is not exactly an oil. It is a type of liquefied wax that closely resembles the oil created by human skin. This waxy substance offers a range of health benefits that makes jojoba oil quite useful.
Five Benefits of Jojoba Oil
1. Natural Moisturizer: It can be used to moisturize your skin, hair, nails, lips, and cuticles. Instead of purchasing a number of different moisturizers, you can use jojoba oil as a multi-purpose moisturizer. Since jojoba oil is similar to the oil naturally produced by the skin, the skin easily absorbs it and stays hydrated for several hours. Using jojoba oil as a moisturizer will also help to control oil production, as the skin believes that the added oil is a naturally created sebum.
2. Antimicrobial Action: Jojoba oil works to eliminate both bacteria and fungus with its antimicrobial properties. It protects the skin from infections.
3. Treating Acne and Skin Problems: Jojoba oil is a natural and gentle way to help eliminate acne, even for those with sensitive skin. Jojoba oil controls the production sebum and thereby reduces the occurrence of acne or pimples. It makes the skin less acne prone. Existing acne can also be healed by regular use of jojoba oil.
4. Hair Conditioning and Hair Growth: When added to dry hair, the oil will help to smooth and moisturize damaged strands, while providing a healthy looking shine. This will keep the hair from turning brittle and breaking, which lets you to grow longer and healthier hair. By regularly applying jojoba oil on your scalp you can eliminate dandruff and promote hair growth.
5. Treating Cold sores, Warts, Athlete’s foot, and Canker sores: Jojoba oil is not only an antimicrobial, it is also a great source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Jojoba oil contains Vitamins E and B, zinc, chromium, copper, and silicon. By applying few drops of jojoba oil for a week or so you can cure athlete’s foot, canker sores and other skin conditions.
However, while jojoba oil is full of important nutrients, it cannot be digested, and therefore should not be consumed. Fortunately, there are a number of external health benefits in using this natural and less expensive oil.