Freckles are small brownish spots with clusters of concentrated melanin which are most commonly found on fair-skinned individuals. Freckles are also referred to as “ephelis”.
Acne – Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
These are brownish spots on the skin caused due to the lower concentration of photoprotective melanin present in the body. More exposure to sun rays and UV radiation may cause freckles.
Freckles cannot be removed immediately but can be lightened temporarily. There are several home recipes that can be used as skin lighteners.
- Herbal lotions made with elder flower, lime flowers, lemon juice or castor oil when pressed into is used as skin lighteners.
- Paste of ground pumpkin seeds mixed with olive oil keeps the skin soft and removes freckles when the paste is applied to brownish spots.
- Mix ground yellow mustard with milk and apply it to the face at night and wash it in the morning.
- Mix ground turmeric and sesame seeds in equal quantity and mix to it little quantity of water to make a paste. Apply pack on brownish spots and wash when dries.
Grind leaves of ‘Tulsi’ in water and apply paste to the face; it is a wonderful remedy to get rid of freckles.
- Apply benzyl benzoate on all over the body except face, neck and head with a brush, but try this after consulting your doctor. The drug should be applied on dry skin after taking bath and should be left on the body for 24 hours, followed by another application. Wash off the emulsion after 48 hours.
Nettle rash reddish itchy weals or swellings in the skin that look similar to those resulting from contact with stinging nettle. Urtica is the Latin word for nettle.
NETTLE RASH CAUSES
It is a disorder of the skin in which wheals, red and pale rashes, edematous lesions and pink or white itchy and painful patches appear on the skin. Urticaria (nettle rash) is caused by following reasons:
- Allergic conditions of the skin.
Cold, heat, exertion and ultraviolet radiation.
- Psychological stress generally resulting from sex problems.
- Family problems (financial and employment etc).
- Hormonal imbalance, allergic reaction and poor diet.
- Exposure to cold, taking bath in cold water.
- Psychic situation and intestinal worms.
NETTLE RASH TREATMENT
- Mix three parts rose water with two parts vinegar and the mixture is applied locally to get immediate relief.
- Mix together equal quantities of alum and red ochre (geru). The powder should be rubbed on wheals.
- Grind 1 teaspoon ‘jalneem’ (lycopus europaeus) with 3 teaspoons beeswax and the mixture should be made into pills and taken with lukewarm water.
- Avoid sour substances and non-vegetarian food especially fish, but increase the quantity of turmeric in the food.