Is aging catching up with you? Is crow’s feet developing around your eyes? Are your jowls beginning to sag? Are you getting a double chin? You are not alone. Facial muscles begin to weaken around age 34. There is good news. Cosmetic surgery is not the only answer to reversing these effects. Facial exercises flex muscles and improve blood flow creating a more youthful appearance. Here is a list of facial exercises that can be done at your convenience in home.
Tone Facial Muscles
Smooth Forehead Wrinkles
- Place your index fingers above each eyebrow and press down while raising your eyebrows. The resistance firms your forehead muscles. Do this 10 times.
- Tighten your forehead muscles by crinkling your forehead. At the same time, smile as widely as you can and lift up your eyebrows. Hold for 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
Tighten Lip Muscles
- Suck your index finger with your lips as hard as you can and then release it slowly. Do this 10 times.
- Smile as much broadly as you can and hold it for 5 seconds. Then bring your lips to pucker position and hold there for 5 more seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Pucker your lips and try to touch your nose with your pucker. Try to reach closer and hold in that position for 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
Define your Cheek Bones
- Puff your cheeks out and hold there for 60 seconds. Repeat 2 times.
- Suck your cheeks in and hold in that position for 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
Smooth and Tighten Eye Muscles
- Close your eyes and lift your eye brows. Hold for 10 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- Lie on bed and face the ceiling with your head hanging slightly over the edge of the bed. Lift up your eye brows and open your eyes wide at the same time. Repeat 10 times.
- With your eyes open and relaxed, wink one eye slowly without moving the rest of your face and hold it for few seconds. Repeat 5 times with each eye.
- Without moving your head and keeping your eyes open, look up and then down. Repeat 10 times. Then without moving your head again, look to the left and then to the right. Repeat 10 more times.
Firm your Neck
- Sit straight, tilt your head back and move your lower lip over your upper lip. Hold for 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Tilt your head back and stick your tongue out and try to touch your chin with the tongue tip. Hold for 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Tilt your head back, pucker your lips and stretch your lips up as if you are trying to kiss the ceiling. Hold for 20 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
Slim that Double Chin
- Sit straight, tilt your head back, open your mouth slightly while pressing your tongue to the roof of your mouth. Hold for 10 counts. Repeat 10 times.
- Tilt your head back and do a chewing motion with your mouth closed for 2 minutes.
- Look straight with your lips closed and then push your lower jaw forward. Hold for 5 counts. Repeat 5 times.
You will regain your youthful look by doing these simple facial exercises twice daily. You can choose some 4 or 5 exercises and do that regularly. Results can be noticeable after as little as two weeks. After six to nine months, you may even look five to ten years younger. It’s simple, it’s natural and it works!