How to cure Shingles
If you have shingles blisters anywhere on or near your head or you are immuno-compromised, which means that you have AIDS, cancer or any immuno-weakening disease and have difficulty in eating or drinking, trouble with hearing and balance, you must consult a doctor immediately. These symptoms may mean that you have internal blisters, which can be very serious. Shingles show up as an itchy and sometimes painful, immediately followed by blisters that can break out anywhere above the waist. The blisters appear over a period of 3 to 5 days, during which you are likely to be feverish, headachy and weak. They take anywhere from two weeks to a month to heal.
- Administering Vitamin B12 – Injections of Vitamin B12 is a non-drug method for treating serious cases of shingles.
- Acupuncture treatment – It relieves pain during an outbreak.
- French clay and tea tree oil – It is a topical treatment that helps dry up moist, weeping shingles blisters. To prepare a poultice mix 1 teaspoon of water with enough French green clay to make a paste. Add to it one or two drops of tea tree oil. Apply thin covering of the paste directly to the blisters. Leave the poultice on for two to three hours, and then clean the area with a warm cloth. If you are applying poultice to someone, avoid touching the blisters directly with your hands or any part of your skin.
- Activated charcoal – A tremendously useful home remedy that draws the herpes virus out of the skin, quickly dry and heal blisters. Add enough water to a small amount of activated charcoal and equal quantity of corn starch or ground flaxseed to make a paste. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes, and then apply the paste to blisters with a piece of muslin. Leave the paste on for minimum 12 hours, and then wash it off. Keep reapplying it until the blisters are completely dry and healing.
- Hydrogen peroxide – A gel of hydrogen peroxide contain high levels of oxygen, which is believed to kill viruses. Apply the gel to the blisters every two or three hours until they have dried and healed.
- Homeopathic treatment – The homeopathic remedy Rhus tox quickly reduces pain and speed up healing blisters.
- Capsaicin ointment – Capsaicin cream is an outstanding treatment for postherapetic neuralgia, a condition that occurs mainly in people over the age 70.
- Multivitamin / Mineral supplement – Vitamin and mineral contributes to the strength of immune system. They supplement if you have ever had a bout of shingles and want to prevent another.
- Vitamin C – It is perhaps the most important immune booster for healthy immune functioning. Take 2000mg twice a day.
- Alpha-lipoic acid – It has powerful antioxidant properties and helps prevent shingles outbreak. Take 50mg twice a day.
- The amino acid lysine can help decrease the recurrence of shingles. Take 1000mg a day.