You can prepare delicious honey sesame chicken with little snow peas in less than 30 minutes. Snow peas are a good source of vitamin c, with 1 cup providing almost half the daily recommended intake. Snow peas are also packed with little fiber that improves digestion.
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons Cooking wine (sherry)
- 4 cm Ginger, finely grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 500 g Chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into small pieces
- 140 g Snow peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Snow pea tendrils (optional)
- Mix honey, wine, fresh ginger, oyster sauce and sesame oil in a bowl, preferably glass. Add chicken and stir so that it gets coated.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Diagonally slice the snow peas into equal halves.
- Place the wok over high heat, add 2 teaspoons oil and swirl it around.
- Add 1/3rd of the chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until brown. Transfer the mixture back to bowl and close the lid. Repeat this step twice with remaining chicken and oil.
- Add remaining oil to the hot wok and swirl it. Put snow peas. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until bright green. Transfer the chicken mixture to wok. Add sesame seeds and soy sauce.
- Stir the entire mixture for a few minutes.
- Top with snow pea tendrils and serve hot with rice.