When you stop Smoking…What happens?
In 15 minutes,
- Your body blood pressure levels are down and pulse rate comes to normal.
- Blood circulation improves in your hands and feet and they become little warmer.
In 9 hours,
- Body oxygen levels are now back to normal.
- From now onwards chances of heart attack starts falling.
In 1 day,
- Carbon monoxide gets eliminated from your body.
- Mucus and other debris are getting cleared out by the lungs.
In 2 days,
- Hereafter nicotine won’t be detectable in your body.
- You have more sense of taste and smell.
- Nerve endings starts re-growing.
In 3 days,
- Easier breathing as your bronchial tubes are now healthy.
- Increase in body energy levels.
In 3-12 weeks.
- The entire body circulation system performs much better. Now when you go for walking you feel much healthier.
In 3-8 months,
All breathing issues are solved and now your body is almost free from coughing, sinus congestion, shortness of breath and wheezing.
In 1 year,
The risk of coronary heart disease is reduced and only half of that of smokers.
In 4 years
- Death risk due to lung cancer is reduced by half.
- Stroke risk is reduced to that of non smokers.
- Risk of Cancer in throat, mouth or oesophagus is only half of smokers.
In 8 years
- Lung cancer risk is same as that of non-smokers.
- Cancer risks are same as that of non-smokers.
In 12 years
No risk of coronary heart disease.