Sex is a vital part of human life. Many women lose interest in sex after menopause. Men lose interest as they become old due to inability. For some people life without sex becomes devastating while for others it just not matters.
Impotence can be psychological or physical. Impotence can be stated as the inability to get or maintain an erection for the required time to perform intercourse.
Generally impotence can occur at any age. Causes for impotence in men may be depression, bereavement etc. As a man grows old there is a decrease in the production of hormones and gradually he loses penile rigidity.
Impotence and Prostrate cancer
The quality of sex life decreases when a person is diagnosed with cancer. It takes some period of time for a man to adjust to this knowledge. There are many false views about prostrate cancer. Many men feel that during intercourse they may pass the disease. This is not possible. Don’t avoid intercourse for this reason that it may be transferred. Another fact is that intercourse doesn’t aggravate the disease.
Most of the treatment for prostrate cancer leads to partial or complete impotence. The doctor should disclose the effects to the patient before starting the treatment. Before starting any treatment consult an urologist. Ask him all your questions regarding sex. Please don’t hesitate.
- Pain during urination
- More frequent urination
- Improper sleep due to frequent urination
- Hesitating and waiting for long time before passing urine
- Feeling that you have not urinated completely and the bladder is not empty
- Unusual blood flow through urine
- Pain in pelvis
- Rare appearance of blood in sperms
- General bone pain
- Unusual weight loss
Treatment for Prostrate Cancer
- Viagara is one of the best supplements for treating impotence
- Take a 50mg tablet, an hour before intercourse. If you are an old person take 25 mg
- Take only once in 24 hours
- Don’t use it if you have low blood pressure, any heart disorder or disorders in the retina of the eye
- The drug is specially available for prostrate cancer patients who have undergone prostatectomy or other pelvic surgery
- Flushing of face
- Nasal Congestion
- See the doctor if erection lasts for more than 3 or 4 hours.
- Take 2 mg of Apomorphine by placing it under the tongue.
- Take 3 mg if 2 mg doesn’t work for you.
Alprostadil (Prostaglandin E1) injection
This injection is self taken. It is prepared by mixing the powder with some fluid according to the instructions. Dose of 5ug upto 20 ug is taken. Don’t use this more than three times a week.
This is used by placing 250ug at the opening of penis and must be used only one per day. There are other surgical techniques such as penile impact but they are not generally advisable. Vacuum pumps are also used.