Green tea and its Features
‘Green Tea’ is often lauded for its amazing health benefits. This Chinese tea is renowned globally for its authentic use. Green teas are non-fermented teas. Since the oxidation of catechins is minimal, they are the best anti-oxidants. Green tea is found to have anti-carcinogenic, cardio-protective and anti-ageing properties. People in Green tea consuming countries mainly Japan and China, have very low rates of cancer. In Japan, women who teach the tea ceremony, and thus drink more than average amount of extra strong Green tea, are noted for their very low mortality rate and longevity. Deaths from cancer are especially rare in this group. The rates of breast, colon, skin, pancreatic, esophageal and stomach cancer have been found to be lower among the regular drinkers of Green tea.
Features of Green Tea
- It contains high quantity of polyphenol, vitamins and minerals. Polyphenols are powerful antioxidants that slows ageing process and have beneficial effects on health.
- It relaxes and relieves body and soul.
- It aids digestion.
- It reduces fatigue and improves concentration
- It is low in caffeine and high in fluoride.
- It strengthens blood vessels walls
- It prevents cavities & aids carbohydrate metabolism.
- It contributes towards our daily fluid requirement.
- It is one of the most safe & healthy beverages in the world.
How to prepare Green Tea
Use one tea-bag per person. Pour 180ml of fresh boiled water to the bag and leave to infuse for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes. Remove the bag gently from the cup. If preferred add sugar, lemon and honey.