Cure Cough and Cold by Ayurveda
Cold and cough are common ailments. The main reasons are irregular food routine, weather changes, dust allergies, smoke and variuos other factors. People of all ages suffer from cold or cough. They are not very serious ailments but if not treated properly they may prove dangerous.
It is caused by aggravation of Kapha and weak digestion.The undigested food changes into Aama(mucus). Aama reaches the respiratory tract and causes cold or cough.
- Irregular food routine
- Frequent Weather changes
- Dust allergies
- Exposure to smoke
- Exposure to cold water, cold winds and humid conditions
(Chronic) Cough causes
- Allergic rhinitis
- Sinus problems
- Oesophagul reflux of stomach contents.
- Inhaling foreign objects
- Take 1 gram of turmeric powder mixed with 1 teapoon of honey.
- Take 1 gram of Mulethi (glycoy rrhiza) powder mixed with 2 teaspoons of honey twice a day. It’s very effective.
- Often chew cardamom seeds.
- Put tulsi leaves in honey and daily take 1 teaspoon.
- Take 1 gram of sitopaladi churna with chyavanprash daily.
- Cereals such as jawan(great millet), bajra(pearl millet) and gelus(wheat).
- Pulses such as Moong dal(green gram), Masoor dal(lentils).
- Fresh vegetables like brinjal, carrot etc.
- Take apples and papayya regularly.