Ayurvedic cure for Asthma
Asthma is an ailment of the respiratory system. The main reason is the pathological changes in the respiratory tract that leads to obstruction in the air passages. This later becomes a chronic lung condition. Asthma is a common ailment in all age groups.
- Tobacco smoking
- Dust inhalation
- Pollen when inhaled irritates nose and may cause severe asthma attacks. It is released by plants during reproduction
- Excess exercise increases the oxygen requirement for breathing and it could trigger asthma
- Common cold and Viral infections. But this is mainly in small children.
- Exposed to drastic weather changes
- High stress and emotions
- Taking aspirins and other medications
- Consumption of dry spicy foods, cold drinks etc
- Pain in chest and temporal regions with excessive sweating and palpitation
- Difficulty in breathing
- Frequent coughing and wheezing
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Excessive weakness
- Oedema of hands and feet
- Excessive sweating
- Strength and functioning of immune system gets weakened.
- Persistent night time cough in children is a very important symptom.
Asthma is known as Shwas Roga in Ayurveda. The five different kinds of Shwas are Maha Shwas, Urdhava Shwas, Chhinya Shwas, Tamak Shwas and Kshudra Shwas. Tamak Shwas is related to asthma. Out of these Tamak Shwas is difficult to be cured and Kshudra Shwas can be easily cured.
- The following herbs should be taken in equal quantities.
- They are tulsi(basil), adulsa(adhatoda vasica), yashtimadhu(glyceyrrhiza glabra), arjuna(terminalia arjuna), kantakari(solanum Xanthocarpum) and bibhitaki(terminalia beterica).
- Mix all these together in powder form.
- Take half spoon of this powder mixed with warm water or honey twice a day.
- Massage chest with hot Sesame(Til) oil. This relives breathlessness and gives relaxation.
Have you heard
In the recent times the number of children with asthma has increased rapidly. About one in 15 have asthma.