Tips to Treat Mosquito Bite
Mosquito bite is a common problem that many of us suffer from. Though mosquito bite is not that painful and infectious when compared to other insects, sometimes or for some people it causes painful and allergic reactions.
Here in this article you can get some good home remedies to treat mosquito bites.
Tips on how to treat mosquito bite
- If your allergic to mosquito bite immediately wash the affected area on your skin. Just wash using ordinary soap and hot water. That is sufficient. Once you have washed allow the skin to dry for some 5 to 10 minutes.
- Don’t scratch the skin after the insect bite as it may increase the itching sensation. Moreover this may spread the infection and it may form skin rashes.
- Make a paste of baking soda(Sodium bicarbonate), hot water and honey. The paste should be semi fluid so that you are able to spread it over the infected region.
- If there is continuous itching sensation try calamine lotion or a topical anesthetic containing pramoxine to relieve pain and itching.
- Most of the time after waking up in the morning you see the marks of mosquito bite. You can apply aloe vera gel on the affected area. Aloe vera gel quickly reduces the itching sensation and prevents skin rashes.
- If you know that you are allergic to mosquito bites, then try anti-inflammatory medication that contains ibuprofen such as Motrin, Aleve and Advil. They are really effective in reducing redness, pain, itching, swelling and also prevents fever.
- If you feel tired and have dizziness even after treating then consult your GP immediately.