Standing Long Jump
- The person stands behind a takeoff line with his feet several inches apart.
- Before jumping, the person dips at the knees and swings the arms backward.
- He then jumps forward by simultaneously extending the knees and swinging the arms forward.
- Three trials are permitted.
- Measurement is from the closest heel mark to the takeoff line, Indoor administration is best accomplished by placing a tape measure on the floor at right angles to the takeoff line and permitting the person to jump along the line.
- Measurement can then be made by sighting across the tape to the point of the third jump.
- You must take off from both feet simultaneously, jump as far forward as possible and land on both feet.
- Try not to fall backward after the landing.
- You can jump further by crouching before the jump and swinging your arms.