- The person lies flat on the back with knees bent and feet on the floor with the heels no more than 1 foot from the buttocks.
- The knee angle should be no less than 90 degrees.
- The fingers are interlocked and placed behind the neck with the elbows touching the floor.
- The feet are held securely by a partner.
- The person then curls up to a sitting position and touches the elbows to the knees.
- This exercise is repeated as many times as possible in the time requirement.
- Your fingers should remain interlocked and in contact with the back of your neck at all times.
- You curl up from the starting position, but may not push off the floor with an elbow.
- When you return to the starting position, your elbows must be flat on the floor or mat.