Treatment for Eczema
There are several ointments available in the market. You may select one after consulting your doctor. Most conventional treatments fall into either of the two categories namely topical and oral treatment. In case of topical, a cream salve, or the other application that provides some degree of symptomatic relief. In case of oral treatment a drug is given to fight against the harmful virus and bacteria.
- Mix babchi powder with mustard oil and apply on the affected skin like an ointment.
- Smear leaves of Indian butter tree with sesame oil, warmed over heat and bandaged on the affected skin. Change the bandage after three to four hours.
- Your doctor will recommend blood purifying drugs and foods. Certain components in oils called fatty acids help reduce inflammations and ease dermatitis. Follow the dosage according to the recommendations on the label or as prescribed by the doctor (Perfect oils are available in the market).
- Antioxidants remove the free radicals, the unstable molecules that oxidize or destroy healthy cells. Free radicals can be produced as by-products of the body’s fight against the inflammation of the dermatitis as well as by exposure to sunlight, smoking, eating fatty foods and many other lifestyle factors. Here are few most important antioxidants for the health of your skin and heal
dermatitis. If the problem does not clear up within six weeks, consult your doctor.
- Beta-carotene – recommended quantity is 12 to 18mg daily.
- Vitamin C – 3000mg to be taken in three doses a day at least 30min before or 30min after the meal, since stomach acid and the contents can destroy the effect of vitamin C.
- Vitamin E – 600 to 800 units daily.
- Zinc – 20mg a day for women and 30mg a day for men.
- Fatty acids like omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 oils from fish and foods in your diet that include dairy products, wheat, sugar, citrus fruits, corn, soy, peanut, butter, chocolate, coffee and alcohol can help reduce inflammation and ease dermatitis. Watch their reaction and delete those that are triggering the problem, but at the same time supplement taking multivitamins.
- Stress can cause or contribute to flare-ups of eczema. Meditation can help release the stress. Meditate daily for 15 minutes with closed eyes in a quiet room.
- Aromatherapy – A first rate relief including essential oils and herbs is a natural remedy to fight dermatitis. Apply three to four drops of each essential oil to the inflamed skin, which decrease the inflammation and irritation disappears. If the irritation worsens, discontinue use after three days and consult your doctor.
- Horsetail is an ancient emollient herb that can be very useful in soothing the discomfort of eczema. To make a horsetail compress, put 1 teaspoon of dried or crushed fresh horsetail stems in 1 cup of water and boil for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool until the liquid id just comfortably warm to the skin. Immerse a clean, soft, small cotton towel in the boiled water and then squeeze out the excess liquid and wrap around the inflamed area and cover with another dry, heavy towel for at least 10 minutes.