Binge Eating Disorder (BED) – Symptoms and Treatments
BED is also known as compulsive over-eating.
- The causes of this disorder are totally unknown.
- Various researches say that it may be caused due to various unique behavior like excitement, happiness, anger etc.,
- Frequent intake of large quantities of food again and again even when not hungry.
- Over eating.
- Belief that eating behavior is out of control.
- Feeling ashamed by the behavior.
- Eating even when not hungry.
- Eating in secret.
- The people with this disorder must consult a doctor to have a clear idea of the diet they must intake.
- Dieting is the main treatment for this disorder.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy is a technique that has been followed by many physicians all around the globe to know how to track the food intake levels.
- Drugs likec may help certain people.
- Obese or overweight.
- Lack of nutrition.
The people who have BED are subjected to risk of acquiring various other disorders like-
- Type 2 diabetes.
- High blood pressure.
- High blood cholesterol levels.
- Heart diseases.
- Gall bladder disorders.