Benefits of Apple
Apple is considered as one of the best fruits. They are available in abundance in the months of August and September. Nowadays they are grown all the year round.
Apple is a nutritious fruit-food rich in minerals and vitamins. Apple contains about 10 to 50% of sugar. The sugar in the apple includes about 60% fruit sugar, 25% glucose and 15% cane sugar.
- Water – 85.9%
- Protein – 0.3%
- Fat – 0.1%
- Carbohydrates – 9.5%
- Minerals – 0.4%
- Calcium – 0.01%
- Phosphorus – 0.02%
- Iron – 1.7mg/100g
- Vitamin B – 40 IU/100g
- Vitamin C – Trace
Apart from these, apple also contains various components like copper, malic acid and pectin. Pectin is a natural therapeutic ingredient helping in detoxification and also prevents decomposition of protein in the alimentary canal.
Malic acid helps in providing the necessary nutrition to the bowels, liver and brain, keeping them healthy and fit.
APPLE IN THE TREATMENT OF VARIOUS DISEASES:
Apple helps in preventing and curing various diseases like:
- Apple contains arsenic acid and phosphorus that helps for the treatment of anemia.
- Apple juice made from a quantity of 1kg apples must be taken twice a day, ½ hour before meals and before going to bed.
- Raw apples or cooked apples help in prevention of constipation.
- Minimum 2 apples must be taken for proper evacuation function of the bowels.
- Cooked apples contain softened cellulose which is helpful in the ejection of the night soil.
- Apples generally possess a mouth cleansing property, thus preventing tooth decay.
- Apple consumption daily helps in the cure of all kinds of tooth troubles and they must be chewed for long time, so that the acid secretions of the apple ooze in to the gums and teeth.
- Sweet apples must be consumed daily for a week to get rid of dry cough.
- No cold drinks must be taken after eating apples, since the effect of apple acids can be reduced.
- Eye inflammations and sore eyes can be cured using apples.
- T0 cure inflamed eyes – put peeled apples in a bowel filled with water and heat it up to boiling point and finally add honey to it. This must be consumed.
- Sore eyes can be cured by overripe apples.
- Apply the pulp of apples as poultice over closed eyes and keep it for 1 to 3 hours.
- Acute headache can be prevented by consuming inner part alone of the ripe apple with a little salt with it every morning.
- If this is consumed on a regular basis, thrice a week then there will be no headache at all.
- Various heart diseases can be cured by consuming apple with honey.
- This is rich in potassium and phosphorus and low in sodium, it is known that potassium rich foods always prevents heart diseases.
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE:
- Apple actually creates a diuretic effect causing increased secretion of urine because of which the blood pressure comes to normal.
- Further they alleviate the kidneys by means of reduction in Sodium Chloride (NaCl).
- Fresh juice intake of ripe apple which contains increased level of potassium is helpful in curing kidney stone troubles.
- Arthritis and Rheumatism are mainly caused due to uric acid poisoning and they can be prevented by the intake of gout apples.
- Malic acid present in apples actually neutralize the uric acid.
- For treatment of rheumatic pains, cloth made wet by means of apples boiled to jelly like substance is the best cure for relieving arthritis pain.
STOMACH RELATED PROBLEMS:
- Sliced apple along with sprinkled cinnamon or honey is useful to cure stomach disorders.
- Apple must be chewed thoroughly before swallowing.
- It is advisable to take it 3 to 4 times a day.
Apart from this apple is a helpful medicine in the cure of vigour and vitality. Consumption of milk along with apple is seemed to have the best effect.
HAVE YOU HEARD?
Apple should not be consumed in an empty stomach as it may lead to indigestion. Apples must be washed well before consumption.