Am I Depressed?
One in five individuals feel depressed at some point of time in their life. Women when they are depressed behave differently compared to men. They sleep more, eat more and put on weight. But it’s just the opposite in men. Men when they feel depressed eat less and lose weight; and they to tend to have more feelings of guilt.
Signs Indicating Depression
- Unable to concentrate when working, reading books or even when watching TV.
- Disturbed sleep and taking longer time to fall asleep. Regularly waking up in the early hours.
- Feeling hopeless and helpless.
- Eating more or less than usual.
- Feeling tired and exhausted most of the time, with no energy.
- Increased irritability with a short temper and a lack of patience.
- Thinking of suicide and feeling that it’s not worth to live is a sign of severe depression.
Depression is considered a serious problem and has to be properly diagnosed and treated. If you feel depressed or have many of the above signs then consult your doctor without delay.