The people affected by this syndrome mostly feel weak most of the time all day long. They seem to have difficulty in sleeping and also in concentrating in any work they do. The main factor for the existence of this condition may be weakened immune system.
- The causes of CFS are unknown.
- Doctors say that it is caused due to weakening of the immune system.
- The disorder further leads to patients being more prone to get affected by other disorders.
- It further causes disorders like lupus in some patients.
- CFS is also caused by brain inflammations, low blood pressure or abnormal levels of hormones.
- Fatigue for about 6 months either recurring or continuous which is not relieved even after taking rest.
- Memory loss.
- Unable toconcentrate.
- Low fever.
- Joint and muscle aches.
- Swollen lymph nodes.
- Vitamin C – 2000mg 3 times a day. Reduce the dosage if diarrhoea develops.
- Carotenoids – 2 pills a day, with every pill supplying 25000 IU vitamin A.
- Echinacea – 200mg twice a day. It must be standardised to contain at least 3.5% echinacosides. This must not be consumed for more than six weeks as continuity.
- Magnesium – 400mg once a day with food. Do not take magnesium if you have kidney related problems.
- Siberian ginseng – 100 – 300mg twice a day. It must be standardised to contain at least 0.8% eleutherosides.
- Licorice – 200mg extract 3 times a day. It must be standardised to contain 15% glycyrrhizin or glycyrrhizinic acid. This medicine can raise blood pressure so it is necessary to eat lot of vegetables and fruits that contain potassium.
- Pantothenic acid – 500mg twice a day with food. Calcium pantothenate is the most commonly available form in the market.
- Astragalus – 200mg twice a day.
- Pau d’arco – 250mg twice a day. It must be standardised to contain 3% naphthoquinones.
- Various other supplements like valerian or melatonin are advised to be taken for insomnia.
- Meditation and hypnosis must be carried out to reduce stress and depression.