Breast cancer is the fifth most common cause of cancer deaths and the disease is 100 times more common in women compared to men.
This article focuses on the foods that you have to consume regularly to fight breast cancer and increase your potential for long-term survival from cancer. So let’s see what you have to eat to beat breast cancer.
1. Kidney Beans: Kidney beans have high nutritious value with plenty of fiber and antioxidants that can cut down your risk of developing breast cancer. A study conducted in US reports that women who take at least 26gm of fiber everyday were 13% less likely to develop breast cancer.
2. Olive Oil: The fats present in olive oil reduce the activity of cancerous cells and restrict them from spreading, by cutting the proteins through which they survive. Instead of ordinary oil you can start using olive oil in food preparation. Also a newly discovered remedy say that taking 3 tbsp of olive oil everyday could help breast cancer survivors to lose some extra pounds.
3. Broccoli: The sulforaphane rich broccoli can defeat the disease before it attacks. This nutritious vegetable targets cancer stem cells, stopping them in their tracks. Actually most of the vegetables that belong to cabbage family such as broccoli, cauliflower, kale, bok choy, brussel sprouts and cabbage itself are all helpful in decreasing the risk of breast cancer.
4. Soya: Earlier before years soya was considered to increase the risk of cancer but new studies clearly reveal that adding soya to regular diet reduce the risk of dying of breast cancer by 29%. It has also increased the number of survivors from breast cancer significantly.
5. Flax seeds: Flax seeds and sunflower seeds have high lignan content. Studies say that women who take lignan rich foods are 14% less likely to develop breast cancer. Taking few tablespoons of ground flax seed everyday can also slower the rate of cancer cell growth.
Healthmango.com is a complete health and fitness blog run by Nsmukundan. Nsmukundan is a professional blogger from India. Healthmango.com covers a wide range of health topics. You can read more about Healthmango.com in the About page.