Asthma is a disease which always requires medical attention. The bronchioles constrict during an asthma attack. The constriction of the bronchioles gives rise to the secretion of various hormones like histamine resulting in excess production of mucus further leading to swelling and inflammation of the wind pipe. Asthma is usually mild and they can be controlled easily at home, but in severe cases it causes suffocation to the patient and may even lead to death in the worst case.
Asthma Causes and Cure
- There are various factors that may result in asthma and it differs from person to person.
- The main factors that actually provoke asthma are external and internal factors, certain patient show symptoms of external or internal factors or even both.
- External factors basically include various allergic symptoms like dusts, pet hairs, pollutants, mites, insects and even certain types of food.
- Internal factors that cannot be avoided include stress, anxiety, panic, exercise, environmental and temperature changes.
- Internal factors are also caused due to infections in the respiratory track, mainly infections in bronchioles leading to bronchitis.
- Shortness of breath.
- Tightness in chest.
- Vitamin C – 1000mg 3 times a day. Dose can be reduced if diarrhoea develops.
- Magnesium – 400mg twice a day for 6 weeks. Magnesium must be avoided if you have kidney related problems.
- Vitamin B6 – 5mg twice a day. Vitamin B6 is very essential if you take in the drug theophylline.
- Quercetin – 500mg 3 times a day before meals. It is advised to take Quercetin in a combination with bromelain.
- Ephedra – 130mg 3 times a day of standardised extract. In certain cases it may cause restlessness. If you have high blood pressure, heart related diseases, anxiety and panic or if you take in MAO inhibitor, do not use Ephedra.
- Licorice – 200mg 3 times a day of standardised extract. It can increase blood pressure, if you use it over a long period of time, it is essential to eat lot of fruits and vegetables that are rich in potassium.
- Stay calm.
- Keep your surroundings you live in clean.
- Stay away from pet animals.
- Immediate treatment is necessary if you have colds or flu.
- Drink minimum 10 glasses of water a day to keep mucus loose.
- Wear a scarf around mouth and nose during winters.
HAVE YOU HEARD?
Asthma sufferers seem to get a lot of benefit from onion, thus eating lots of onions may help. Researches say that certain type of breathing technique known as Buteyko controls asthma to a certain extent, where the patient is made to inhale and exhale air in a and out properly without gasping.