When we are facing a dangerous situation for example surrounded by barking dog, anxiety comes to us automatically, which is a healthy response in that situation. During anxiety, the brain actually secretes hormones to prepare our body to defend ourselves. As we all have come across we know that during anxiety, heartbeat and breathing rate increases, muscle tension increases. In certain people, even when there is no threat, these changes takes place, such a reaction can be very bad for health causing headaches, stomach infections, poor concentration, exhaustion, increase in blood pressure and so on. Vitamin B, certain minerals and herbs could prevent this from happening. Anxiety may be of two forms or conditions namely chronic and panic attack. Generalized form of anxiety attack is chronic state due to which there occurs a sense of worry and foreboding with physical symptoms. The other condition known as panic attack comes unexpectedly, with symptoms very violent which are often mistaken as heart-attack or some other life threatening condition.
Symptoms and Treatments for Anorexia Nervosa
15 Ways to live Long and Young
anxious and panic
- The researches say that the central nervous system may over react to stress and takes longer time to calm down due to anxiety.
- Anxiety may begin due to an accident, a divorce or a death, certain biochemical basis are also responsible for anxiety.
- Researches shows that people with higher panic attacks have live lactic acid levels in blood.
Lactic acid is the chemical which is actually produced when muscle metabolize sugar without enough oxygen.
- Anxiety may also be caused due to over production of stress hormones by the brain and adrenal glands.
- Dry throat or mouth.
- Extreme fear.
- Very rapid breathing and heart beat.
- High degrees of perspiration, chills or hot flushes.
- Muscle tension.
- Low sex drive.
- Inability to relax.
- Calcium / Magnesium – 600mg of each a day with food. Sometimes sold combined in a single supplement. Be careful taking magnesium if you have kidney problem.
- Kava – 250mg 2 times a day as needed. Choose a standardized extract in pill or tincture form that contains at least 3% kavapyrones.
- Vitamin B complex – 1 pill, plus 100mg thiamine, each morning with food. Choose a B-complex with 150mcg vitamin B12 and biotin, 400mcg folic acid and 50mg all other B vitamins.
- Valerian – 250mg twice a day. Should be standardized to contain 0.8% valerenic acid. May cause drowsiness; take at bedtime for insomnia.
- St John’s wort – 300mg 3 times a day. Should be standardized to contain 0.3% hypericin.
HAVE YOU HEARD?
Anxiety and panic attacks are surprisingly common, about 20% of Australians and New Zealanders will experience it once in a lifetime and as many as 5% of adults have those attacks frequently.