Nasal symptoms caused by allergies for a variety of airborne elements are known as Allergic rhinitis. This condition may be normal or even can be severe that it actually affects the daily aspect of life. Certain people show allergic symptoms depending upon the climatic conditions and they get hay fever if they inhale grass pollen or ragweed. Certain people have allergic symptoms all year-round and these are called perennial allergies, caused due to mites in household, dust and animal hair. You may be allergic to any of these irritants; however both the allergies have the same symptoms. People who are suffering from allergic rhinitis may have less resistance to flu, sinus, cold infections and various other respiratory illnesses.
Cure Cough and Cold by Ayurveda
Suffering from Allergic Rhinitis
- The immune system of our body gets weakened due to the various substances that enter our body and this may cause illness.
- Certain people’s immune system may not clearly show the difference between threatening and normal materials.
- Due to this, naturally occurring substance called histamine get released due to the entering particles and cause inflammations in the area where they entered, mainly eyes, nose etc.
- Actually there is no stipulated reason for why the immune system overreacts, but researches say that it may be due to poor nutrition and pollutants in the air, which weaken the immune system of our body.
- Allergic rhinitis is also hereditary in some families.
- Red, itchy or puffy eyes, sometimes with dark circles around the eyes.
- Swollen nasal passages.
- Runny nose with a clear discharge.
ALLERGY TREATMENT SUPPLEMENTS:
- Quercetin – 500mg twice a day. Best taken as a combined formulation with bromelain.
- Nettle – 250mg 3 times a day on an empty stomach. Standardised to contain at least 1% plant silica.
Vitamin A – 10 000 IU a day with food. Take with 30mg zinc a day. If pregnant considering pregnancy, don’t exceed 2500 IU a day.
Vitamin C – 1000mg 3 times a day. Reduce dose if diarrhoea develops.
- Pantothenic acid – 500mg 3 times a day with food. It is also called vitamin B5.
- Ephedra – 130mg standardised extract 3 times a day. May cause insomnia. Don’t use if you suffer from high blood pressure, heart disease or anxiety, or if you take an MAO inhibitor.
- Usage of air-conditioners in home and in car is advisable.
- Wash carpets, pillows and mattresses in very hot water to remove mites.
- Damp areas should be cleaned to prevent the growth of mould.
HAVE YOU HEARD?
Allergies are in rare cases caused due to pollen grains, especially in case of garden flowers whose pollen is quite heavy and these must be carried by bees and not through air.