How to Resist Ageing
Many a system in the human body slow down as age advances and it is found that at the age of 75 a person has only 70% of the cells he or she had earlier. Nowadays many look aged before they actually become old. Let us see the basic reasons and tips to resist ageing.
Causes of Ageing
- Ageing is the process of growing from birth causing apparent physical changes on the skin, loss of flexibility of joints and muscles, weakness of bones, reduction in the eyesight etc.
- The progressive deterioration of the biological systems reduces the capacity to replace the dead cells.
- Unstable oxygen molecules called free radicals accelerate the ageing process and such free radicals are formed more due to smoking/chewing tobacco, consumption of excessive alcohol and radiation from sun and x-rays.
- Antioxidants that are produced from the food intake are the most powerful weapons that can disarm the free radicals.
- Food intakes that contain vitamin C and vitamin E must be taken regularly.
- Folic acid which is rich in vitamin B maintains red blood cells and promotes healthy functioning of nerves besides protecting the heart.
- Glucosamine is a good supplement to maintain healthy joints because it enhances blood flow.
- Quit smoking.
- Take lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid exposing yourself to strong sun and do weight bearing exercises like walking at least five days a week.
- Drink green tea extract twice a day. Consume vitamin B12 with Folic acid and vitamin E for improving longevity significantly.
- Last but not the least, clean and good habits which one need not buy are the best anti-ageing agents.